Pet insurance, but better
Pet insurance wasn’t working for owners before we launched our policies. So we set out to create cover that's designed to be used and includes things that not every other pet insurance provider offers.
These are just a few of the things that put us ahead of the pack:
- Our unique MoneyBack option that gives back 20% of your premium at the end of your policy year if you haven't needed to make a claim.
- A no-excess option on our Regular policies so you won't need to pay anything towards any claims you make
- Our Complete policy is one of the most comprehensive in the UK. It has £15,000 of lifetime vet fee cover, dental illness cover as standard and high limits for loss and theft
- Our policy documents are easy to read and our simple online claims process doesn’t have any forms. Find out how our claims work
- All our policies cover conditions that ended two years ago and we have a Pre-existing policy that can cover more recent conditions
We want to help your pet have a long happy life, so we offer more than insurance. When you join us you'll also get:
- Unlimited free vet video calls through FirstVet
- A discount on flea and worming treatment delivered to your door by VetBox
- Free petsitting with a year's free membership to TrustedHousesitters
Why pet insurance is important
Our cats and dogs are family, but there's no NHS to look after them when they're ill or injured.
That's where pet insurance comes in. When you've got the right cover you'll have the peace of mind of knowing you'll be able to get them the treatment they need without facing a sudden and unexpected vet bill.
It's not just vet treatment that's covered. Pet insurance can also cover lost or stolen pets, third party liability if someone sues for damages caused by your dog and even cover to take care of them if you need an unexpected hospital stay.
The service they provide is brillliaaant!
The reviews were great and the cover was better than any other I could find. We’ve used the policy for the video vet call when Shirley had a lump on the back of her neck, it was so quick and easy.
How much cover do I need?
Vet bills can be more expensive than you think.
Even treating something as simple as a bite abscess on your cat can cost a few hundred pounds after several vet trips. A complicated surgery like a hip replacement for your dog can cost in excess of £5,000. Your vet might be able to tell you more about how much conditions can cost.
Think about the age and breed of your pet, and choose a cover limit that gives you peace of mind.
Always think about how much you'd like to cover and whether you'd be able to pay any of the cost yourself if you had to. Our Complete policy has up to £15,000 vet fee cover and it'll even cover dental illnesses.
Up to £15,000 of lifetime vet fee cover.
Policies from £3,000 to £15,000 of vet fee cover.
15% multi-pet discount for pets on the same policy.
Understanding the types of pet insurance
There are four main types of pet insurance and they're not all equal:
- Accident only – Only covers accidents like broken bones or eating something harmful. These policies won’t cover any illnesses so although they’re the cheapest, they’re very limited.
- Time-limited – Covers each condition for 12 months. After that the condition won’t be covered and you’ll have to pay for any more treatment yourself.
- Maximum benefit – Sometimes called ‘per condition’. You’ll have a certain amount of cover for each condition your pet has. Once you reach the limit, you’ll have to pay for any more treatment for that condition yourself.
- Lifetime – There’s an annual vet-fee limit that refreshes each year when you renew. As long as you keep renewing your policy, each condition will be covered for your pet’s entire life, up to that annual limit.
We don't want your cover to run out while your pet still needs it, so all our policies are lifetime pet insurance.
That means there's an annual vet fee limit that refreshes each time you renew your policy – it's the best type of cover for ongoing or chronic health conditions.
The best service!
I put a claim in online and couldn’t believe it when it was settled in less than 24 hours!
No quibbles, just fantastic service!
What makes the best pet insurance?
With pet insurance, the cheapest policy isn’t necessarily the best.
Top-level policies will cost a bit more but will give you greater peace of mind that your pet will be really well looked after if they're injured or unwell.
The most comprehensive pet insurance policies should offer:
- A very high level of vet fee cover
- Dental cover for illnesses, as well as accidents
- Behavioural treatment
- Complementary therapies
- Cover to help find your pet if they're lost or stolen
- Third party liability cover for dogs as standard
- Cover while you travel abroad with your pet
Our Complete policy has all this and more:
- £15,000 vet fee cover
- Dental cover for accidents and illnesses up to your vet fee limit
- Cover for behavioural treatment if your vet refers you
- Complementary treatments covered up to £2,500 within your £15,000 vet fee limit
- Third party liability for dogs
- £2.500 cover for travelling abroad
These are all standard with Complete – you won't be charged for any of these as optional extras.
And on all our policies you'll also get:
- Unlimited access to video vet calls
- Free petsitting for a year through TrustedHouseSitters
- Discounted flea, tick and worm treatment from VetBox
What do I need to get a quote?
It’s super quick to get a quote. We’ll need to know:
- Your pet's name
- Your pet’s gender
- The breed of your pet and whether they're a pedigree, mixed breed or crossbreed
- The age of your pet. If you don’t know exactly you can give the year and month based on a vet’s estimate
- Whether your pet has been spayed or neutered
- Whether you want to see our policy that covers pre-existing conditions. All our policies cover conditions that ended at least two years ago, but we have a policy for more recent issues
- How much your pet cost
We care about customers
ManyPets is committed to treating customers fairly. You can pay monthly at no extra cost and there are no charges for cancelling or changing your details.
If you have any questions or you’d like to get a quote over the phone you can call our UK customer service team on 0345 340 4090.
We take the stress out of claiming by contacting the vet for you. Our online claims service has received thousands of five-star reviews and we paid more than £48m in 2020 to help cats and dogs when they needed it most.